20 March 2008

I'm seriously mental

After the Grand Canyon, we went to Sedona, AZ. We took a Jeep tour. The kind where they take you off road and give your chiropractor extra work to do. We stopped at this sink-hole called Devil's Kitchen. It collapsed in the late 1800's, and then another huge chunk fell in a couple of days after the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989. Needless to say, the rock lover in me was SO excited about all the cool geology in the area.

What seriously freaked me out about myself was this: a family was hiking with their boxer dog off leash. The dog gets right up to the edge of the sink hole. I instantly suck in my breath, afraid the dog is just going to jump in. WTF? Dogs aren't 100% stupid...it wasn't like there were any animals down in there (at least none that I could see) that the dog would want to go after. And it wasn't even my dog!

Like I said, WTF?!

No comments: