05 December 2008

gifts - talents

For class this weekend, we needed to prep by filling out this worksheet asking about our gifts/talents, values and passions. I'm alright with the values and the passions, but I had a heck of a time coming up with at least 15 gifts - talents. The worksheet suggested thinking about "people say you are so good at WHAT?" and answer the what.

Here's all I could come up with:
stitchin'
gardening
public speaking
learning
organizing
planning
making lasagna
making people laugh
entertaining
trying new things
crafts/projects
empathizing/caring for others

I know there are more, but it's hard to be positive when you aren't feeling great.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Being a potty mouth. :)

No, just kidding!

That's a good list. Why do you feel like you need to put more on it. It's a lot of really great, really important stuff. I read a dozen different things there, which I think is pretty damn cool. Seriously, focus on the positive! You've got 12 different, unique talents!

Do you realize how hard it is for some people to organize or plan? For the life of me, I can't organize my way out of a box. Just ask Larry!

And some other things: You're an excellent leader. You listen. You're wicked intelligent, which might not be a "talent" per se, but I'd say it's important.

Good job, dude! But definitely, definitely add the potty mouth part...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Missy! I'm totally adding potty mouth to the list!

holly said...

you forgot "good friend". You are a good potty mouth, too.

Missy said...

I spent far too much time in therapy to use the lessons on only myself.

You looked like you could use a nudge.